Friday, December 17, 2004

La Caca Pasa Cafe


La Caca Pasa Cafe
Originally uploaded by Marinade Dave.
Back in the mid-eighties, here in Florida, there were 2 movements gaining momentum. One was about outlawing vulgar bumper stickers, such as the ever redneck popular "Sh*t Happens." The other one was about making English the official language of the state. I thought about printing my own bumper stickers if both of these were enacted into law. Simply, it said "La Caca Pasa Cafe," which, loosely translated, means "The Sh*t Happens Cafe." Then, if I were to be pulled over by a Spanish reading cop, he would not be able to ticket me since English would be the official language. Imagine what nasty stuff I could put on my car as long as it was foreign. The obsurdity of it all.

Alas, only the bumper sticker law was passed. I could have made a killing in the bumper sticker business.

No comments:

Post a Comment