Friday, July 29, 2005

Bacon & Entering

The server went down. I called Sprint, our ISP, and talked to a technician. He told me how his wife woke up one morning and said, "You know, you were taking service calls in your sleep last night." It kind of reminded me of my old boss, Jack Little, from the restaurant days.

We started serving breakfast after many years of just lunch and dinner, and of course, the night crowd. A bacon & egg sandwich was abbreviated as B&E. One night, in the wee hours of the morning, Jack's phone rang. It startled him out of a deep sleep.

"Yes, we want to report a B&E," the voice on the other end stated.

"Why are you calling me at 3 o'clock in the morning to order a bacon and egg sandwich?"

"No, sir. This is the Flemington Police Department. We want to report a B&E."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your business was broken into. We want to report a breaking & entering."

"Oh. Be right over."

CLICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment