Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What you see might not be what you get. Read All About It!

A friend of mine, Joe Lampe, has been told by a lot of people that he looks like Don Ameche. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I've heard people tell him that myself. Joe owns a roofing company in the Orlando area called Interstate Roofing Service, Inc. He is engaged to a wonderful woman named Jan. I've known them both for many years. I asked if I could take some pictures of him with my cheap digital camera. I'd like to superimpose your face on an old photo of Don Ameche with other people and say you're Don's brother, Joe, and e-mail Jan the finished product. Kind of a "Hey Jan, look at this old photo I found on the internet. Doesn't that other guy look like Joe?" Of course, he agreed. I've been working with Photoshop since the early nineties and I want to show you how easily it's done. I took 4 photos at different angles, since I didn't know what kind of workable picture of Don Ameche I would end up selecting, based on what was available. Below is the picture of Joe I chose after finding the Ameche one.



Here is the original picture of Don Ameche with Dorothy Lamour and someone whose name wasn't given. It didn't matter, I was going to erase his face anyway.



I had to copy and paste Joe's face in a separate layer on the Ameche picture and crop the background out.



Then, I had to resize it, rotate it a little and place it where it belonged. I used different tools to make it look like it was part of the original photograph.



Voila! See how easy that was? Moral of story? Don't ever trust anything on the internet. It's a veritable International Inquirer out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment