Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Stupid Product Ideas

I like to think of myself as a pretty creative guy. I did spend a good part of my life in advertising and design, and as a child, I drew portraits and painted in oils. Sometimes, I get these brilliantly stupid ideas I think big companies should try.

I know it's a little late for Halloween, but plenty of bars now offer buckets of beer for a set price that's cheaper than buying them individually. Suppose Budweiser has a special promotion on that theme (and offers it in six-pack form, too.) Produce a reddish hued beer, let's say a heavy bock brew, change the name of this beer only to Bludweiser and sell "Buckets of Blud". Blud Light, too.

McDonald's offers Chicken McNuggets year round with a selection of dipping sauces. Why not offer a seasonal alternative, like Turkey McNuggets with cranberry and spicy pumpkin dipping sauces? I mean, they bring back the McRib sandwich periodically. Heck, they could sell them from October through December and stuff their pockets full of wampum.

We're in the middle of the NFL season. Too bad Pizza Hut doesn't sponsor the "Pizza HUT, HUT, HUT Halftime Report" on one of the networks. I think it would be a great promotion. Then, offer a special deal on delivery.

Anyway, those are my ideas for now. I've been tossing them around for a long time and I had to get them out. Wouldn't it would be funny if one of them popped up sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment